Location(s): Seattle, WA
ICOS Corporation, based in the Seattle, Washington area, has spent more than a decade building a world-class research and development organization. Our lead product Cialis® (tadalifil) for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, recently received US FDA approval and is currently launched in over 50 countries worldwide. ICOS is committed to advancing science in the areas of protein based and small molecule therapeutics.
If you have experience in as a Business Analyst and want to work in the fast paced environment of a growing company then consider this position at ICOS Corporation.
This position is responsible for executing business management requirements in support of clinical project teams to assure efficient, cost effective and quality-based conduct of ICOS clinical studies. Business management responsibilities include:
- Assist with the development, negotiation and review of contracts and other legally binding documents for assigned clinical trial projects with oversight and support from senior staff and management.
- Support the tracking of contract status and generation of performance metrics. Support the generation of reports to meet clinical project team/management needs.
- Support the development of Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) and compilation of vendor bid data.
- Support benchmarking activities to assure competitive pricing of vendor services.
- Gather and analyze data to determine vendor’s fiscal stability.
- Assist with the development of contingency plans to replace vendors due to financial risks, poor performance or breach of contract.
- Support the development of cost estimates for assigned clinical studies.
- Assist with the review of clinical expenses, accruals and forecasts against approved corporate budgets.
- Assist with Tracking financial performance and generation of variance reports.
- Assist with annual budget planning, quarterly budget reconciliation and re-forecasting activities for assigned clinical studies.
- Degree in business related field or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Basic understanding of contract terminology and comfortable working with third party business, legal, medical professionals and teaming with ICOS personnel.
- Basic understanding of budget development, unitized costs and spreadsheet management.
- Basic understanding of the RFP and benchmarking processes.
- 1-2 year vendor management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of contract drafting, negotiation process, contract law and legal terminology.
- Basic understanding of budget development, financial analysis and management.
- Basic understanding of FDA regulations, Good Clinical Practice and ICH guidelines is a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated successful team participation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Basic understanding of the clinical research and development process is a plus.
- Basic word processing experience intermediate Excel, Word and Microsoft Project skills.
Some travel required.
No relocation assistance can be provided for this position.
ICOS offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement.
For immediate consideration visit www.icos.com and apply directly for this position.
Learn more about ICOS’ philosophies, attributes, financial information, and more by visiting our web site at: www.ICOS.com.
Reference Job Code: 1618BZ0204
ICOS Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer